Laughter boosts the immune system and helps the body fight off disease, cancer cells as well as viral, bacterial and other infections. Being happy is the best cure of all diseases!”
― Patch Adams
UPDATE: The game is now called Remote Insensitivity on playingcards.io
*DISCLAIMER: Cards Against Humanity is very much an adult game and not recommended for children.
The risqué, absurd, and often hilarious fill in the blank party game, Cards Against Humanity, is available to play online with your friends! Not familiar with Cards Against Humanity? Think of it as a very adult and very offensive Apples to Apples the clean and innocent fill in the blank party game.
So How Do We do it?
The process is relatively simple.
- Go to playingcards.io.
- Select the game you want to play which in this case is Cards Against Humanity (Now called Remote Insensitivity).
- Click Start Game.
- Share the room code that pops up with your friends.
- Set up a voice chat for you and the other players in a program such as Messenger, FaceTime, Google Hangouts, Zoom (possibly my favourite so far),or even a conference call on your phone.
- If you don’t know how to play the game you can read the rules here: http://s3.amazonaws.com/cah/CAH_Rules.pdf.
- Laugh more.
- Realize that it’s nice to have a laugh with friends and loved ones even when you can’t be with them in person.
But Wait! There’s More!
This site also has various other classic games like Checkers, Crazy 8’s, and Go Fish ready to go. In fact, you can play pretty much any game you want that uses a standard deck of cards in the Other Cards/Custom section. So with a little ingenuity there is no need to miss your weekly card game at all! You can go a little further and make custom games by clicking on the little suitcase icon in the top left corner of the custom games screen.
That’s it for this one. Just remember that just because we are social distancing it doesn’t mean that we can’t socialize (from home).